Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Further adventures at the Delaware Water Gap

Ok, so having walked at least 3 miles of the 2500 approx. miles of the Appalachian Trail I decided to explore the Water Gap and take some more pictures of the Delaware river and surrounding landscape. I got back in the car and found my way onto the River Road, which, believe it or not, ran along the river not that you could see it, which would have been too much to ask.

It was a quite narrow, winding and quite hilly road, just like being in Wales really except it wasn`t raining. Then something happened which really made me feel at home, " A DIVERSION". Well I followed it for some considerable time and eventually got back on the right road and then it happened. I drove round this bend and I couldn`t believe what I saw, I slammed on the brakes, nearly causing the car following to crash into my rear end,  and after another friendly chat with the driver, I backed my car into this little opening on the side of the road.

Here`s a great photo opportunity I thought, not really on my theme for day, but I got my camera gear out of the car and got ready to take some pictures. Can`t wait to tell you about the last one. Ha ha.

If you were looking for a great location to buy a holiday home, I thought, this is it. The first property, situated near the road and surrounded by trees would be a snip and all it needed was a little work on the roof.

The second home was next to the above one and in similarly excellent condition but this time needed no work on the roof. I must say that I was overjoyed at my find.

I know what you`re saying why do I always have this kind of luck. But it gets better and this next one really put me in a situation where I found it impossible to choose as it was absolutely unique.



Go on then, I challenge you to tell me where you would find a "detached Chimney" in its own grounds.




Ok, I was just joking and I bought this one instead. Yerrrrrrrrrr I wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment